DNS: Role of ACA in Internet DNA

From: Andrew Pollard <ajpollar§socs.uts.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:57:49 +1100
As part of my course at the University of Technology Sydney, I have been
asked to undertake a research assignment on the subject of internet
commerce, part of which deals with the administration of domain names
within Australia.

What I am specifically interested in, is the current role of the Australian
Communications Authority.  It is in this area that I have some questions to
which I have not been able to find adequate answers.  Because your group is
highly involved in this issue, I though you may be able to help me in this
regard.

*Is it correct that as of 1 July 1997, the ACA assumed regulatory control
of Internet Domain Name Administration within Australia?

*What guidelines/regulations have the ACA released (if any) that affect the
Internet DNA?

I would be most grateful for any help you can provide, or pointers to
suitable resources or contacts (especially within the ACA).

Thanks and best regards,

Andrew Pollard - ajpollar&#167;socs.uts.edu.au
School of Computing Sciences
University of Technology, Sydney