Re: DNS: Issues relating to .pr.au

From: Peter Clark <pjc§magna.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:33:30 +1000
Thanks for the reply Simon,

I do understand we needed some change when Domain Name Rego's were taking
6-8 weeks at one point (I never did get rid of that grey hair Mr Elz! <g>)
however doesn't anyone think that having Peter Gerrand on the board is a
conflict of interest ?

I must admit I haven't touched this list for around 9 months or so. But
given that time and knowing a little of what was happening then, I'm a
little surprised that other Registrar's are not ready to go. Melbourne IT's
induction was short and sweet (at least for Peter Gerrand etc..) which was
the need at the time, why not make it so again in the name of competition?
Is Peter's inclusion in the board the reason this is not so ?

You guys have to admit it begs the question... it's almost "silly" :)

The ADNA Web site was unavailable at the time of my last post, I see that
progress has been made in the documentation section and I think given the
financials of ADNA at the moment you guys should be complimented on what HAS
been done - I know what those documents must have taken. However, the
financial situation of ADNA also begs the question : If you have no real
support from the Internet Community, perhaps this mechanism should reside
elsewhere?!

In any other industry where the "boys club" has in the past been demolished
BY COMPETITION, this would not be allowed to go on for long.

Peter Clark