Re: DNS: Multiple Registrars in .asn.au, .edu.au, .gov.au

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 21:48:34 +0900

>If you want to purchase it for PRIVATE use, then please feel free.  It's
>been valued at over US$250,000, I'm ofering it considerably cheap.

Who valued it? Will they actually pay that? I have some wonderful web based
workflow/billing software that's at least 10 times more complex than this
task set, would that be worth US$2,500,000? Tell me where this buyer is!

>You know there are other SLDs that are already operating SRS.  Michael is
>not the first by a long shot.  In fact if everyone just bugged of the idea
>of .AU and concentrated on providing services to the client - who cares
>about the domain name, does the client care about the IP address?  - then
>we might actually PROGESS a HELL OF A LOT FURTHER.

Nothing stops you providing services to clients in non .AU spaces, and as
you say you are doing that, well congratulations, that's fine. However this
list  is mainly related to issues of trying to get operational
multi-registrar structures running inside .au, and you don't happen to be a
registrar in .au right now, and Michael does.

>Simon, you should have a chat with your old friend Karl Auerbach.  He said
>some very nice things about you - I wonder if you'd say similar about him?

Sure, I most certainly would say nice things about Karl Auerbach - but I'm
not sure why those nice things are germane to this list or its discussion
right now... perhaps you can take that up with me privately!!!??

Simon
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777