Re: DNS: ADNA Board Meeting No.5 - Minutes now available on ADNA website

From: Leni Mayo <leni§moniker.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 21:35:04 +1000
Peter Gerrand wrote:

> Thanks to Kim Davies, the Minutes of the fifth ADNA Board meeting
> (30
> April), together with a brief summary of the topics discussed at the
>
> preceding public consultation session, are now accessible at
>
> http://www.adna.asn.au/Minutes/April1998.html

During the public consultation session there was:

- some elaboration of what "consensus" means to the
  current board.  This was useful, as it helps to identify
  the parties that need to be at the table.

- some discussion on the question of accountability
  and what that means for ADNA.

Also, the drafters of the M+A claim that it is designed to not allow
hijacking by special-interest groups, and yet it takes only two
members to agree in order to pass a vote?  I'm too lazy to re-read the
M+A but I'm surprised that quorum isn't a problem.

Leni.