RE: DNS: ORG.AU

From: Peter Clark <pjcoz§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:08:31 +1000
I would suggest that while the various DNA's need representation, and I
think Peter Gerrand, both because of his Greate academic background, and
founding of the first DNA is an obvious choice for such an appointment -
should not be SECRETARY or hold any "office" on the board.

I wouldn't even think he should have voting privledge when it concerns the
appointment of other DNA's - if at all as he could obstruct other courses of
action "unrelated" to appointing a DNA that could obstruct a vote of
appointment.

I think this needs to be seriously looked at in light of no action in 12
months.

I also think that the structure and nominations of the board should also be
looked at now.

This inaction is costing OUR INDUSTRY a lot of moolah in Australia.

People on this list have some weird attitude when it comes to domain names -
Saying "...you can get a .com or a .net though..." is ridiculous. You are
literally pushing clients away to other service providers that CAN provide
the basic service they wish. Why would you do that ?

Keep the $$$ in Australia at least....

Sheesh.

Peter