Re: DNS: Answer to Vic Cinc's burning question

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:33:27 +1000
>> IANA.  As Administrator of .au, KRE awarded Melbourne IT a five year,
>> non-exclusive licence to administer com.au, starting in October 1996.
>
>ok, we would like have a com.au license. how do I get one?

As KRE discussed this with me 4 months ago and 12 months ago.  You apply to
him and he will decide.

Of course being that there is no SRS resource yet, the answer is NO.

I've got the matter documented here.  We're tossing up whether it's worth
Federal Court action, over the last few months, we've been so busy with AUS
we decided to let it go.

If people can't get COM.AU they can surely get COM.AUS - and cheaper (now.)

It's up to the community.  There is no need to change something that is -
in effect - functional.  Just introduce a new service/product. Which we have.

now it's up to you to choose whether you want to change something that some
people don't want to change or to create a new product.

Imagine if we only had Model T Fords ...

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net