RE: DNS: Prospective new domains (tm.au) & (pr.au)

From: Peter Clark <pjcoz§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:39:41 +1000
Then is the answer to create industry TLD's and then allow companies to
create their 2ld's under this ?

We can't have it both ways and "Market" (or allow the perception to continue
that) the DNS as a directory space listing while then telling people they
can't have this listing or that listing.

They can in the yellowpages, why not on the Internet ?

It is not such and perhaps the DNA's or ADNA (it should give you guys
something to do) should provide guideline documentation in the form of
something that the client should "think about" before they apply for a
domain name.

I'm sure most ISP's would prefer to pass along such documentation than deal
with the current situation.

If the public's perception needs changing, do it - if the TLD's need
changing from the standard Internic created by default, then change IT - I
think most companies wouldn't mind a gradual move to a thought about
Australian DNS.

Peter
Peter Clark
Pre-Sales Engineer