Re: DNS: Prospective new domains (tm.au) & (pr.au)

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 19:28:08 +1000 (EST)
>_From: Rick Welykochy
>
> was a bit whacky, think of the above example.
>
> And explanation has been provided by Mel.I.T.
> There is a separate BRN for each of the companies
> Volkswagon and Volkswagan and Volkswagen ... and a domain in
> .COM.AU for each, which is OKAY by their rules.
>
> Still ... using the DNS to correct typos on the part of user
> who mistype domain names seems to be a bit of a misuse of the DNS.
> If we carry this one through ad absurdum, soon we'll see
> things like:
>
> toyota.com.au
> toyata.com.au
> tuyuta.com.au
>
> etc.etc.

there is no such thing as abuse of the dns in this sense. its their money
they can spend it how they like. what business is it of yours if they do this?
next you be telling the neighbours what colour to paint there houses.

is it most people forget we will live in a free democratic society or what?

Vic