Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:07:34 +0100
Adam and all,

Adam Todd wrote:

> >  I see that Geoff is still with us.  Interesting that Craig doesn't do his
> >homework very well.
>
> Geoff H is a nice guy.  He just has confused loyalties at times.
>
> >Sounds like another Darrell Greenwood, Dave Crocker, Robert Shaw,
> >and Perry M.  The infamously known as the "Spin Doctors" of the MOUvment
> >(Read bowl movement).  Now a failed and rotting carcass of a DNS management
> >plan.
>
> Now, Jeff, perhaps you can explain in BRIEF terms what the MOUvement was
> about, and why ADNA in itself is so much like it.  And why it in the end
> failed and fell so flat on it's face costing innocent people tens of
> thousands of dollars.

  Well it is all in the E-mail archives on the IAHC site, those archives that
still
remain that is.  Recently some gaps have showen up.  Hummmmm?

> Jeff, you'll notice from the Draft documents on the ADNA web site that the
> fees and process to become a Registrar under ADNA (which has as much
> authority over any portion of the DNS as does the IAHC) is very similar to
> the IAHC documents, plus or minus a few changes.

  I havn't compleated my review as of yet.  But thus far the similarity is
indeed amazing thus far.

> You will also notice after reading the archives that the ADNA process was
> "closed" meetings and of course no public non membership input.

  Yes I have.  Not a good policy.  Won't stand up in the marketplace long.

> Oh for a lack of Da Ja Vu.
>
> THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
> The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
> or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
> republication of comments, without written consent.
> Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
> Telstra Convey Member                     AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
> Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
> at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net                              http://adam.says.sheesh
> Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
> AU Internet News                http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate/INTERNET/
> AU Internet User Mail List      http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate/OZ-USER/

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.