Re: Cool it - was Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1§ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 11:02:00 +0100
Adam and all,

Adam Todd wrote:

> >  I agree.  I havn't attacked anyone.  I have attacked Alastairs and Ricks,
> >arguments and personal attacks on Adam.  It seems approiate in respect
> >to both of these fellows seem to have it in for anything that Adam says.
>
> But Jeff, you've seen this all before, perhaps not so personal though.
> Doesn't this bring back memories of July - October 1997 :)

  Yes.  It is an all to familier pattern.  One that is sad and regretable
to be sure.

> Attack the MAN not the Ball.  Wasn't that the IAHC motto?

  Unfortunatly, yes it was and still is on the gTLD-Discuss list, and the
APNIC-Talk list as well.  Jim Flemming was banned unjustifiably in
many folks opinions.  Sensorship in any of its forms is a bad thing.

> >As i am new to this list, though I have reviewed the archives, it seems
> >form the tenor of previous discussing that Adam agreed with allot of what
> >Jim Flemming had to say or the questions he ask.  The EC decided to
> >Banish Jim Flemming from the list.
>
> To be lead by a leader - lead by example :)
>
> Jim might "rant" sometimes, but he has his belife and I see nothing
> illogical or harmful, if anything, very EYE OPENING.

  At least he porvides a diffrent point of view at times.  It seems that
openess is not somthing that is adaquatly encouraged on some lists.

> Adam Todd               mailto:at&#167;ah.net   mailto:at§aus
> http://adamtodd.ah.net  http://www.ah.net  http://www.aursc.ah.net
> http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate

 Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.