Re: DNS: AlterNIC and AUSRC

From: Rick Welykochy <rick§dot.net.au>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 14:30:21 +1000
Adam Todd wrote:

> Yes correct.  For an END user this is acceptable.  For an ISP or person
> with DNS servers it is NOT.
>
> That is why it's titled under WINDOWS 95, because I don't know too many
> ISPs using Windows 95 as their platforms.

At the risk of belabouring the obvious, my original post was:
>(c) configure your own DNS to use primaries and secondaries
>    as dictated by AURSC at http://www.aursc.ah.net
the context being as an end user. Sheesh ... I wonder if this
is really worth it sometimes ;-)

As an aside:
Re: Win95 for ISPs: ROFLMHO
Re: Win/NT for ISPs: I feel deeply and truly sorry for these people

> >You haven't answered the question. If you give people an indication
> >of what services, sites, etc. are availble via the alternative
> >DNS system, more interest might be generated.
>
> You want me to sit here and list every web site that resides on an Enhanced
> TLD?

Hmm ... is there a method to start at the root of a TLD/2LD etc
and walk to all the domains in the tree? I suppose not ... but if you
give me an algorithm, I'll whip up the software for ya ;-)
Now THAT would be a great reason for me to try AURSC!

 _/  Richard Welykochy                 mailto:rick&#167;dot.net.au
_/  Dot Communications Ltd             http://www.dot.net.au/world