Re: DNS: [Oz-ISP] Social Engineering and 2LDs]

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 23:14:06 +1000
>For my 2 cents worth, we run the real risk of not just wasting time
>and bandwidth but of letting the democractic processes of free speech
>lead to a deterioratio of debate and loss of participation.
>I am as concerned with the ADNA processes as anyone else and despite
>the occasional lengthy whinge, i try and stay within a constructive
>framework - and i butt out when i cannot as a sign of respect for those
>who can.

Ramin!  You are so - .... right!

>Would it make sense to call another public meeting?  i find that much

But there hasn't in fact been a public meeting where the public can express
an open and steering offering to ADNA.  There is no point holding a public
meeting if the Board of ADNA will do as it wishes irresective.  We might as
well not attend.

>of the anger and the to-ing and fro-ing disappear or get resolved when
>people communicate face-to-face and are given the opportunity to respect
>other people (which is sometimes hard in text).

Oh this is so true. I've found that even in an IRC chat the other night the
level of respect increased as the discussion progressed.

>whilst this may sound like attempted zen, it would be a shame for all
>this passion and  energy some members display to keep getting wasted in
>not improving the situation.

I agree. I've seen some good points from everyone, but to date, no one is
prepared to compromise, although I always seem to bend more and more.

>sorry if this offends anyone. i will shut up now.

Please Ramin, don't.  You raise far too many good points.

The only one you haven't solved is how the public and those who perhaps
don't see eye to eye with the current ADNA board get a say that will
actually hold.

I guess that's why there are two parties in parliment.

THE DOMAIN NAME HANDBOOK                   http://www.domainhandbook.com
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convey Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at&#167;aus  or  at@ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net