Re: DNS: perhaps suspect trading practice

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:14:32 +1000
>I share the earlier concerns about this becoming an Adam et al kind of
>show.  Adam, you must be a national treasure (or at least high IQ kinda
>person), but the way you carry on does neither you, your EQ, the list, or
>the debate any favours.  Please take this as advice from one abnoxious(?)
>person to another.

Ramin - I luv ya!  (I think you spelt it right.)

But I will suggest that I debate an issue, not personal attacks.  I will
defend my persona if attacked, but will debate an issue if debated.

I can be persuaded if there is honesty in a debate.

>> I might add my name was bandied for an hour or so around a Congressional
>> meeting in the Whitehouse a few weeks ago.  The results have been extremely
>> positive for me.  I am recognised as an official entity in my own right.
>
>Adam we are all happy for you.  Although i am not sure what an "official
>entity" is.  [please do not reply to this - it is rhetorical]

Nor do I ... but it's recognised. What can I say?

Maybe it's like being a MSCP. About as good as how easy it is to answer the
multiple choice questions.

>> Sorry but technicalll Net Registry isn't responsible to the client.  Just
>> like RObert Elz isn't responsible for the sale of a COM.AU name.  There is
>> no requirement for a FULL refund from Net Registry to the consumer.
>
>So, using your logic, Johnson & Johnson cannot be sued for stuff sold by
>Coles? Hello. I watch TV, I know what happens!

No, that's not what I said.  Johnson and Johnson can not be sued by the
consumer if Coles put an out of date product on the shelf.

The consumer has no legal contract with NetRegistry.  The consumers
obligation is with the reseller.

Adam Todd                 mailto:at&#167;ah.net              mailto:at§aus
Telstra Convey Member (not a Telstra Employee) Telstra Vendor Channel
http://adamtodd.ah.net    http://www.ah.net   http://www.aursc.ah.net
http://www.ah.net/lists/lwgate