Re: DNS: defining "AURSC" domains

From: Lincoln Dale <ltd§interlink.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:07:59 +1000
In message <3.0.5.32.19980622090431.00ce6ba0&#167;alpha.ah.net>, Adam Todd writes:
>>Are these some of the top 8 people in the .AU domain ?
>
>Lincoln?  BWHWHWHW!  If he understood DNS maybe he might make a good runner.

nope, i wouldn't classify myself with anything to do with .AU
dns either -- i don't have any delusions of grandeur.

the only interest i have is in helping to keep the internet
from fragmentation.

i'm yet to see that you're amounting to anything other than this --
FRAGMENTATION.

(and from another message of yours)
>I won't worry about the rest of your message, can't be bothered wasting
>time on an idiot who can't stick to his own line of arguement.

nope, i'm not 'arguing' anything (nor am i resorting to calling
anyone an 'idiot' either -- but it seems you are just unable to
get your point across without going into personal attacks on
people).

i'm talking about FACTS.  both myself and kim engaged in
a way of looking at just how many australian ISPs were using
AURSC to resolve names - directly, by use of you as a forwarder,
or indirectly by including your root as their zone hints file.
the results spoke for themselves.  now, you persist in keeping
the line "Lincoln, what is your evidence of this uptake claim."
i could've sworn it spoke for itself.

.. or, if the methodology kim or myself used was incorrect,
please enlighten us.

either way, it is becoming academic.  you can notch up one
more win -- i'm disppearing out of this group (at least,
marking you with the maildelivery file as auto-delete) --
its quite a list of people that you've caused to do the
same - Geoff, Kate, Simon, ...

cheers,

lincoln.