Re: DNS: Let me get this straight...AU is ONE person ?

From: Scott Howard <scott§doc.net.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:48:38 +1000
On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 01:37:59AM +0100, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > >Please explain how this makes any sense and
> > >why it would not be better to have MORE people
> > >from the Internet community in Australia involved
> > >in the management of the .AU TLD.
> >
> > Because Robert is doing a good job.
>
>   This is not an answer to Jims statement.  It is mearly an opinion.  And only
> one persons opinion at that.

I think you'll find it's a statement most people on this list will agree
with (I say most because I'm quite sure Adam Todd will disagree...)

As for what would happen if Robert was hit by a Fosters truck?  As far
.AU itself is concerned, I doubt we would even notice...

The .AU domain contains about 1 host and 11 domains. It has a serial
number which implies it hasn't been updated for over a month, and I'd say
that would have only been for a change in a conf.au domain (which are stored
in the same zone file), and I'm sure the only changes which would have been
made in .AU in the past few years would have been NS changes - if any.

I'm not trying to belittle what Robert does - and has done - for DNS in
Australia, just pointing out that he does a good job of maintaining .AU
all by himself...

  Scott.