Re: [DNS] ENOUGH is ENOUGH

From: Larry Bloch <larry§netregistry.au.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 18:45:27 +1000
At 14:57 21/07/98 +1000, you wrote:

>      Date:        Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:31:06 +1000
>      From:        George Michaelson <ggm&#167;dstc.edu.au>
>
>   | Or perhaps there is some contention about the delegation we're not being
>   | told?
>
>  No, it is just in the queue, the queue is currently just over a week long,
>  and the delegation request for that one was exactly a week ago...
>
>  kre
>
>Oh my. So Vicc  blew off after a 7-day wait and we are meant to be
>treating his concern as 'serious'?
>
>I think I won my prediction: We didn't have the full story folks. Now I wonder
>why he didn't tell us that part.
>
>If we had an appeals process, this one would fall into the class of 'frivolous'
>-And thats without noting that the org.au process has never had a finite
>turnaround time.

I have to say that members of this list finding a 7 day wait acceptable is a clear sign to me of the depths to which DNS is this country have sunk.

I cannot think of any country that claims to be 'technologically advanced' worldwide in which this kind of wait is acceptable.

Would you wait 7 days for a taxi? In most countries you can get a name delegated quicker than it takes to call a cab.

Larry