[DNS] generic domain names

From: ShaunLeCornu <apache§box.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:49:04 +0930
To anyone who may be able to help,
                                                        I'm unable to
attend any of the meetings since I'm stationed in Adelaide so I was
hoping that someone could either answer my question or ask it at either
of the meetings.
 My question is in regards to domain names and the future directions of
generic names in particular.
 My whole reason for joining this list was to find out what was
happening or what was likely to happen with generic domain names in
Australia before any of my competitors find out. One in particular
"furniture.com". Being a retailer myself I would be interested in
obtaining "furniture.com.au".
Thanks Shaun.