Re: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulat ions

From: David Keppel <kcom§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:18:59 +1000
I'm with Ari on the fauna bit though I accept the rationale as valid and a good
one. Where's yabby or quokka? Mullet and raw-prawn?

When 128-bit TCPIP addressing hits the world, we can all have an IP address and
enough of a sub-range to allocate an IP address (in our own domain even) for
almost everyone and everything we encounter in our entire lives. Almost
irresistable to a bureaucrat I would think..

Alternatively, Telstra has an 0500 xxx xxx phone number facility that I wouldn't
mind as an address, but gives less than a million unique id's.

Better than tax-file-number.au which is the only other real alternative.

Dave Keppel