RE: [DNS] ABC: Australia supports global cyber-squatting regulations

From: James Spenceley <jamess§dot.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:15:42 +1100
>The DNS is NOT a useful directory tool

.......but it can be useful

Fddi1-0.chw-core1.Sydney.telstra.net

While I resect the concept of .*.id.au. I *personally* would not like
emu/wombat within my domain.

nsw.id.au or vic.id.au would be more popular.

The concept was designed for people to move jobs, Internet proviers et all.
Im  sure if your moving interstate while you contact people to inform them
of your new phone number, you might like to let them know your domain is now
vic not nsw <your poor soul> or keep both ?

Where do you draw the line, it is after all .au  ?