Re: [DNS] thoughts on .net.au policy.

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:09:42 +1100 (EST)
] Hello,
]
] I'm writing to ask for opinions on the Connect .net.au policy in regards to
] their restriction on two letter domains. I recently attempted to register 2
] two letter domain names, one for my own company, and one for a client. I was
] surprised and disappointed to learn that Connect will not allow you to
] register two *letter* domains. Close examination of the policy reveals (from
] https://registry.connect.com.au/cgi-bin/na-policy.cgi as at 28th September
] 2000):
]

Please note that auDA's Name Policy Advisory Panel is currently reviewing
domain name eligibility and name allocation policies for .au second level
domains, including net.au.  Please see http://www.auda.org.au/panel/name/.

 David Keegel    Secretary, auDA.   E-mail: <secretary&#167;auda.org.au>
auDA: .au Domain Administration.   Web site: http://www.auda.org.au/