Re: [DNS] geographic names

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.net.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:07:23 +1100
Richard Archer [rha&#167;interdomain.net.au] wrote:
> At 19:03 +1100 23/11/00, Deus Ex Machina wrote:
>
> >there is your first mistake. the .au name space do not belong to the
> >australian
> >public, the name space belongs to an overseas body which seems to for the
> >time being to have benevolently allowed us to use them.
>
> Do you seriously believe the .AU domain is danger of getting revoked?

It would surprise me. but it wouldnt surprise me if icann or whoever ends
up controling it started charging for its use. thats my point you cant call
it a national asset when its controled overseas.

> Remind me Vic, who was it that babbled incoherently?

Richard I was being comical. dont take it personally.
I know it can be hard to preceive tone of voice through text.

Vic