Re: Melbourne IT's records

From: Justin Sullivan <js§justnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:11:40 +1100
At 11:05 6/03/01 +1100, you wrote:
>This approach flies in the face of natural justice for those that actually
>read or knew the registration rules and thus did not apply for generic or
>reserved names.
>
>It would be quite unjust to proceed in this way as the current rules would
>effectively enable a reservation process which it is clearly stated not to be.
>
>I know a number of my clients that would seriously consider legal action
>against any party that allowed this.
>
>>The market will sort itself out post sale.  I understand that Melbourne IT's
>>records are sufficient to track request after they took over the formal
>>management in Oct 96.  Maybe records exist before then.

I agree entirely with Matthew's comments. We have in fact blocked thousands
of registration attempts over the years for generic names; i.e. these
attempts have not made it as far as Melbourne IT as our domain search will
immediately identify the name as one that has been previously rejected on
the grounds of being too generic.. (similarly with a large number of
Australian place-name domains).

Regards,
JS

--
Go Domains Registry (a division of JustNet Pty Ltd)
http://www.GoDomains.com.au/     Phone 1800 787 057