RE: [DNS] Advertising on the AUNIC site

From: Chris Disspain <ceo§auda.org.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:39:06 +1000
I do not believe there is any problem but, again, for clarity, here is the
situation. NetRegistry were the successful tenderer last year when we asked
for tenders to host AUNIC. They agreed to do the job for no cost to auDA (an
important consideration given our purpose of keeping costs low, but not the
only consideration) provided that we acknowledged (in various ways on the
site) that they were hosting the site. auDA's lawyers advised on the tender
and it was they who examined the various offers in detail and came back to
the Board with a recommendation that the NetRegistry tender was the best.

I am not sure why anyone should believe this to be a problem. We are saving
a significant amount of money and have solved a serious problem (the
slowness and unreliability of AUNIC). NetRegistry are providing us with a
service (backed by Optus incidentally) which ensures the stability and
effectiveness of AUNIC and they deserve some recognition for that. I have no
qualms whatsoever about acknowledging them on the site. All acknowledgements
will make it abundantly clear that they are hosting the site for us so there
can be no confusion as to who runs AUNIC.

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA
ceo&#167;auda.org.au
+61-3-9226-9495