RE: [DNS] re-delegation of .au

From: Cate Coorey <catecoorey§bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 03:59:44 +1000
Chris Disspain wrote:
>David is partly correct. Just so that everyone is clear, I will be issuing a
>full media release on the application for re-delegation as soon as possible.
>IN order for that to be meaningful, I need to await acknowledgement of
>receipt of application by IANA. I expect this imminently. I do not want to
>publish details on the dns list until I am also able to release them to the
>public. I trust that everyone understands this.

The decision to submit an application for re-delegation was presumably made
my the board well before the Stockholm meeting - yet no details /
discussions appear anywhere. I am also troubled by the priority given to
media. It should take less than 5mins to post copies of the documents
already provided to the IANA.  The decision to apply for re-delegation was
not a spontaneous one made in Stockholm, why do we have to wait a week or
ten days until after the request has been made for postings on the auDA
site and... why should we have to wait until you have prepared a "full
media release"... seems you have already been giving interviews. Seems to
me that the "details" of auDA activities often show up well after we hear
about it in the press.

Cate Coorey