Re: [DNS] ING charging $250 non-refundable for .BIZ and .INFO

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:11:39 +1000
Yes I have also seen these over the past few weeks. From a "Joe-citizens"
point of view, not only am I sick of having to countermand our financial
managers authorities, because they (quite understandably), believe these
notices to be an official advice from our Internet management authorities,
and as such, authorise payment without concern (I just happen to catch them
as they pass over my desk and must explain that it is a blatant attempt by a
private company to mislead us into changing our Internet domain provider),
but I'm also getting tired of an industry seemingly so embroiled with
internal politics, that it cannot even self-regulate itself sufficiently to
safeguard its customers from this sort of thing.

As a customer, perhaps we do need formal Government intervention and
management of the .au domain after all. It's certainly not working at the
moment.

Don