Re: [DNS] ING charging $250 non-refundable for .BIZ and .INFO

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:24:20 +0800
Hi Don,

Quoting Don Cameron on Thursday August 16, 2001:
| but I'm also getting tired of an industry seemingly so embroiled with
| internal politics, that it cannot even self-regulate itself sufficiently to
| safeguard its customers from this sort of thing.
| As a customer, perhaps we do need formal Government intervention and
| management of the .au domain after all. It's certainly not working at the
| moment.

I do not see what formal Government intervention will achieve with
respect to this case. If they are conducting misleading or deceptive
advertising this clearly falls within the realm of the ACCC and fair
trading bodies, as it does with every other industry.

Furthermore, I have received a handful of the ING letters hawking .biz
and .info for $250, but this does not fall within .au regulation.

kim