Re: [DNS] NetRegistry expects apology from Joshua Rowe

From: Andrew Hennell <ahennell§nsa.net.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:34:09 +1000
<disclaimer: I aint a lawyer, and I don't really care>

The subject line contained a question mark (?) - to me it was a question,
not a statement.

The list is often notified when list members receive spam from other
companies (I wont name them lest they too react with legal threats).

Spam includes Unsolicited Commercial Email, which the email in question MAY
have been. (I won't state an opinion lest I end up in the same situation
Joshua is)

In any case, NetRegistry have replied via the list with their version of
events, and list members may now make an informed decision as to what did or
did not happen.

And as for the "bubble", it only existed in the minds of those hoping to get
rich from it.  Pure gold prospecting.  And as with gold prospectors, some
get rich but most find only dirt.  [shrug] it's not a new phenomenon, and it
has nothing to do with 'common courtesy', more unrealistic expectations
placed by venture capitalists & entrepreneurs.

Lighten up people, it's Friday afternoon!

Cheers,
Andrew.