Re: [DNS] Domain name disput issues - hosting.com.au

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:05:02 +1000 (EST)
If you are interested in this issue, you should read
	http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr23aug01.htm
and perhaps the previous announcements which are linked from it.

You will see that this is about the Verisign GRS *registry*, rather
than their NSI *registrar*.  And that a new system will be implemented
within the next 24 hours.

PS: For my interests, see http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/

] Just an insight - Network Solutions Inc, registrar of .com, .net and .org have shown (by conduct) their inability to manage their allocated domain space.  Numerous .com domain names expired two months ago and are yet to be made available to the public.  Their excuse - increased demand crashed the server.
]
] Why do I bring this up at auDA?
] Because the precedent appears to be that incompetency and arbitrariness at the registrar level is not punished.
]
] Rikki
]
] PS re: recent post on vested interests - I am a lawyer at finlaysons.biz, an arm of Finlaysons Lawyers.  We act for numerous clients in relation to domain names, including the approaching .biz and .info names.  Our experience is that familiarity with the DNS is hard gained.  I sincerely hope Australia can be a model for better operation of its DNS than the global DNS.
]
] Rikki Lambert, Lawyer
] Email:      rikkilambert&#167;finlaysons.com.au
] Website: http://www.finlaysons.com.au
] Phone:    +61 8 8235 7400        Fax:  +61 8 8232 2944
] Address:  81 Flinders St, Adelaide, South Australia
]
]
] South Australia - a great place to live and work!
]