Re: [DNS] Internet Name Group and Internet Registrations Australia

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:55:21 +0800
Quoting RIKKI LAMBERT on Friday October 12, 2001:

| I do not suspect I am alone in my opinion that they are being misleading and deceptive and clearly in breach of the Trade Practices Act.  I recall statements in the press that if auDA doesnt do its job in self-regulation of the Internet, the Government should step in.  Perhaps the ACCC needs to be called in to act when auDA is not.

auDA already directs complaints to the ACCC, and has been doing so since
at least January.

When auDA begins operation of .au, the new agreements that are put in place
will involve codes of practice that should stop these deceptive practices.

See http://www.auda.org.au/transition/Interim_COP.pdf, number 8.

| It looks to us like a scam and it doesnt look like anything is being done about it.  Where is a press release / public announcement / media coverage decrying this conduct?

http://www.auda.org.au/alert_resellers.html
http://www.auda.org.au/alert_renewal.html

It was in the mainstream media quite regularly earlier in the year.

| I half suspect there will be a clarifying e-mail from the auDA CEO following this post, so I'll leave it there for now.

If you are looking for a response from the CEO, I suggest you email the CEO.
His email address is ceo&#167;auda.org.au.

regards,

kim
--
Kim Davies  % http://www.cynosure.com.au/kim/
            % GPO Box E248, Perth WA 6001, Australia