Re: [DNS] Privacy

From: Don Cameron <donc§mudgeeab.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:43:34 +1000
Thank you Malcolm,

Clearly I should have spent more time reading the criteria for Privacy
Commission intervention - my apologies, the start-up date for complaints
against private companies is in fact 21st December 2001 (I thought they
commenced a few months ago - my mistake).

However this is probably quite appropriate and an opportunity for us, as it
means our industry has two months grace in which to identify and rectify all
of the privacy issues - one thing the Commission does provide is an
excellent framework on which to build privacy guarantees into an industrial
Code of Conduct - something that is now more than ever an obvious necessity.

Cheers (and thanks again), Don.