Re: [DNS] Domain Names & Trade Marks

From: Kenneth Brownsmith <kb§kb.au.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:21:02 +1100
It doesn't matter weather they infringe on a trademark or not, the criteria
for registering .au names (new policy) is that a trademark is *one* of the
accepted means...  ( I hope that made sense)

Hence, I have a registered trademark that is being directly infringed on in
com.au, if I want to recover it, I will have to take legal action (According
to Chris D.)  because the auDRP takes, oh lets say an ABN, in the same light
as a Registered Trademark...  (If I interpreted Chris' email properly)

Does Intellectual *Property* mean anything these days ?

So, essentially, if I am correct, it doesn't matter weather they check
ATMOSS or not, if they have a ABN or RBN or something other than a
trademark, they will be accepted anyway...

That might be a little off track, but I think it is an issue that needs to
be addressed too...

Kenneth Brownsmith
kb&#167;kb.au.com