auDA membership

From: Adrian Stephan <akstephan§ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:46:08 +1100
Folks

I actually wanted to join auDA.  Notwithstanding my views about auDA, it is
the process we have and we need to make it work at stellar distances above
current levels.  This can only be done by a sound, professional membership
base.

When I looked at the grades of membership I worked out that by default I was
a demand class member, but that doesn't really describe much. I sought
clarification of what it meant and received no reply

If you look at most other membership based organisations they are usually
providing some form of an identity with the organisation.  What does being a
demand member mean?  I didn't proceed because I could not see any link
between the grade of membership and what I was looking for.  However, I have
a cheque for $100 for membership when I can find a relevant identity with
auDA.

I happen to agree that membership should confer some privileges, and maybe a
separate mailing list is one of those privileges.

Maybe, this list should discuss what are the different levels and type of
membership including privileges that auDA should have.  For my 5c worth, I
am suggesting the following as somewhere to start.  This does not give one
group any more privileges than another, but it does give an opportunity for
those who are in the same boat, so as to speak, to link up.

Service provider - large organisation
Service provider - small organisation
Service user - large organisation
Service user - small organisation
Service user - individual
Interested Party

Have a great Easter

Rgds

Adrian

Adrian Stephan (Managing Director)
Logistics Pty Ltd
POB 5068
PINEWOOD  VIC  3149
Ph: +61 (0)3 9888 2366 Fx: +61 (0)3 9888 2377
akstephan&#167;ozemail.com.au
adrian.stephan&#167;logistic.com.au
www.logistic.com.au