[Fw: Consumer Alert}

From: drew <drew§mail.dronus.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:47:59 +1030 (CST)
Great news. Its good to see that we are finally going to do something
about this situation. I get calls from customers in which i have only just
registered their domain (ie a month or two) who get sent both emails and
letters from certain companies telling them that their domain is about to
expire. These letters/emails get sent every two weeks until the customer
finally gets so annoyed, that they send in a response. The terms and
conditions on this companies web site are somewhat amusing to say the
least. Once the customer has sent in the response, they are billed and the
tech contact is changed. I have even had some customers pay, and their
domain not reregistered (again have a read of the terms and conditions).

Excellent work AuDa, two thumbs up for this consumer alert, i will be
requesting that it be sent to our client base, thats for sure :)

Cheers,

Andrew