RE: [DNS] DNS List

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:56:12 +1100

Websites are different to mailing lists.  The comparision can not be
made.  Also, the fact there are legal entities willing to take a case
does not mean the case is justified or the inferences correct.

Logic tells me a mailing list is no different to the participants
posting directly.  The mailing list host only facilitates the subscriber
base.  They are not publishers but transport agents.  If mailing lists
are deemed to be legally publishers then Post Offices should also.  And
Phone Book distributers.  They all become liable for any content
distributed using their services.

Don't mind me.  I'm getting fed up with the legal fraternity turning the
Internet into another litigation playground.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.