RE: [DNS] And The Winner Is!

From: Dave Hooper <dave§davehooper.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 00:48:07 +1000

Absolutely astounding. But not so suprising. With such broad guidelines
it's no wonder people 'guild the lily' just a little. Why not just open
up the .au namespace and let anyone have anything they want? I don't
think the effect will be much different.

What is a "close and substantial" connection anyway, and who judges it?
Speaking of Judges, I reckon we might see a few of them around this
generic frenzy before all the dust settles, there will be a few who have
registered these names who may not be too happy just to give them up if
their right to them is challeneged in some way bu auDA.

Ahh well, it's all entertaining from the sidelines. I chose not to
involve my clients in this feeding frenzy (though one client was very
eager to get capable.com.au, which we managed to get registered to him
at 11:40AM).

Dave - watching from the sidelines again with interest.