Re: [DNS] And The Winner Is!

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:17:12 +1000
Michael-Pappas [auda&#167;michael-pappas.com] wrote:
> Vic wrote:
>
> > a registrars job is not to call customers liars, if a customer warrants
> > they have a product or service that is a close and substantial
> > connection to a domain name they have to give it to them.
>

> But it is also a registrar job to obtain and collect all relevant details
> to substantiate the claim, if it's not easily defined at face value,
> (which some, if not most of these geberic registrations seems to be) the
> registrar can and should collect details, on record, that the registrant
> is eligible for the domain name.
>
> There is obviously something wrong if a claim is made by one business that
> the do everything from computers to toothpicks or whatever it may be. As
> was raised previously, (sorry can remember of hand who but you know who
> you are) claims like this can clash with industries standards and are a
> conflicts of interest, just on this fact registrars should be wary of the
> registrant and there claims.
>
> Seeking out more information will only help if there is an audit by the
> auDA and I'm sure that if registered domains get revoked under the
> registrar agreement the specific registrar will loose out more than the
> serial registrant.. or what ever we want to call them.

lets keep this in perspective, we are talking about products with tiny
margins. if you have to get a registrant to fax in magazine covers,
bills of sales, examples of product packaging, collate, store or archive and
cross check against everything else the registrant has registered then
the wholesale price is going to go up dramatically.

use the dispute resolution system thats what it is there for.

Vic