RE: [DNS] Regarding Webarama mailout

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:01:42 +1000
Bruce,

I must take issue with your statement "The new agreement was substantially
the same as the old
agreement with the inclusion of new provisions such as the requirement to
comply with auDA policies."

Your new agreement also stipulates that resellers must take out Professional
Indemnity insurance, the cheapest of which is several thousand dollars
premium.  The reason for such a requirement seems to be that MIT want to be
indemnified against something for which they are responsible in the first
place.  A reseller *cannot* act on their own volition in the assignment or
allocation of the domain name - that's MIT's responsibility.

So why would MIT need to be covered, given that the *only* relationship with
MIT lies in the reseller making application for the provision for a domain
name on behalf of a registrant.

In practical terms, MIT have introduced impediments that weren't there in
the previous agreement, that go considerably beyond simply requiring
compliance with policy.

Ron Stark