RE: [DNS] The .pro name space.

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:01:17 +1000 (EST)
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Ian D Johnston wrote:

 > > Nonsense, Ian.  Wading into a list ... without having
 > > even vaguely aquainted oneself with a list's purpose
 > > and mores,
 >
 > Ian
 >
 > I don't know on what basis you formed this view.  But let me assure you that I'm
 > well aware of the DNS list's purpose and mores, and how they have evolved.

Well of course you are.  Please read my post afresh if you imagine I may
have been referring to you rather, than a more recently arrived 'one'.

I only disagreed with your assertion that David G's suggestion was in
itself 'aggressive' or otherwise inappropriate in the circumstances.

 > I've been a subscriber to this list since October 2000, and have read most of
 > the 5000+ postings since then, and many archived postings pre-October.

Of course, and (fwiw) I've appreciated many of your contributions to
many discussions here over the time - as I thought you might recall :(

 > I've made and used many contributions to the list, mainly in the context of my
 > work as a member of the Code of Practice Committee (2002), Name Policy Advisory
 > Panel (2000-2001) and Competition Model Advisory Panel (2000-2001).
 > Contributions helped inform the development of policy by these panels.

Indeed you have.  Again, please be assured that I was not referring to
you at all, but to whom David had been responding to up to that point,
and apologise for not making that much more abundantly clear to you.

Cheers, Ian