Re: [DNS] what's in a web name?

From: Steven Ebsary <steven-audns§enuff.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:51:54 +0800
On Wed, Aug 20, 2003, Josh Rowe ate some m&m's and wrote:
> The AusRegistry guys have taken on board the comments on this list ...
>
> http://www.mywebname.com.au/

Stange, i think last week someone else had webname.com.au... and i bet the people who
have webnames.com.au and webnames.net.au are thinking themselves lucky.

Talking to some search engine guys recently, they seem to think multiple domain
names pointing to the same content actually lowers your search engine rankings
in some search's such as google. I'd suspect this is somewhat true, as we
recommend to clients they have different content on domains or they redirect
additional domains to the main site.

(i work for a web development company, and we do a bit of search engine optermisation)

--
Regards,

Steven Ebsary