RE: [DNS] Glue and Stuff

From: Doug Robb <doug§clarity.com.au>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:38:35 +0800
Hi Tony,

I can see the original DNS records are still current
(ie
Name:   ns2.seol.net.au
Address: 203.220.28.7
Name:   ns1.seol.net.au
Address: 203.23.53.7)

But *if* you have only changed the new dns info to

Name Server: ns1.seol.net.au
Name Server IP: 203.220.28.7
Name Server: ns2.seol.net.au
Name Server IP: 203.220.28.8

on *Thursday* then don't panic as it takes up to 72 hours for these
changes to propagate out from your registrars database. I'm not sure why
you would be offline for Telstra dns users for a week - I don't see that
there is a connection if you've only changed your dns settings
yesterday.

If the changes haven't propagated after 72 hours I'd be contacting the
registrar to see what has happened. Hope this helps

Regards doug