List policy, etc.

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:16:13 +0200
I think the reasons for kicking of James speak for themselves and they
haven't changed since I gave a detailed summary of my list policy last
time I kicked him off. I gave him a second chance, after he promised
to not use the same aggressive inconsiderate manner on the list, but
things to my mind did not improve. I think he knows that himself as he
was foretelling his own departure in his posts.

As I have said before I think James raised some good issues, so it is a
shame to have to remove him, but he raises them in such a destructive
way (not to auDA, but to the list -- it basically drives everyone away).

As for comments about the implied auDA connection with the list. The
simple fact is I ran this list on an ISP before it was hosted by auDA.
When I had to relocate the list I asked auDA if they minded hosting it
as I felt it served a useful function for auDA and the community. They
agreed. There is nothing stopping me moving it to a different domain
again if people are going to assume this is an auDA sanctioned official
forum. I believe I have been quite explicit in saying that it has not.

kim