sa.gov.au domains

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:20:15 +0930
At one stage seol.net.au were authoritive for a group of sa.gov.au domains
including for example robe.sa.gov.au

As we were SOA, I obviously hosted the records for these domains. Every few
months we run a whois against the domains we host to ensure that we only
have records for domains we are SOA for. On deleting the records we found
although we are not SOA, the servers listed in a whois must "Proxy" requests
back to us, as in doing so caused the domains to no longer resolve.

Does anyone know if this is considered an ok practice ?

I have just relocated our nameservers and decided to drop ns.seol.net.au in
favour of ns1.seol.net.au and ns2.seol.net.au.

As from what I guess the "proxy" setup in place at internode has a hardcoded
reference to ns.seol.net.au for forwarding requests to, this has caused me
to have to bring up ns.seol.net.au again (on a dialup as we now use use the
c-class it once resided on for dialup customers)

Hope this doesnt sound a nonsense ... any light that can be shed on the
matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Tony

Whois:

Domain Name: mountgambier.sa.gov.au
Last Modified: Never Updated
Registrar ID: R00004-AR
Registrar Name: NOIE

Registrant: City of Mount Gambier
Registrant ID: OTHER

Registrant ROID: C0922352-AR
Registrant Contact Name: THE MANAGER
Registrant Email: city&#167;mountgambier.sa.gov.au

Tech ID: C0922354-AR
Tech Name: Internode Professional Access
Tech Email: aunic&#167;internode.com.au

Name Server: ns.adelaide.edu.au
Name Server IP: 129.127.40.3
Name Server: ns1.on.net