Re: [DNS] List policy, etc.

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:45:11 +0200
Quoting bw on Saturday September 13, 2003:
| So this is Kim's own personal list that is unrelated to the auDA and Kim can
| ban people or move the list to another domain as Kim pleases, yet this list
| uses the auda.org.au domain and the CEO of the auDA has answered some
| questions here that are auDA business related...

Well, in a nutshell. But a list is only as good as its subscribers, so
I would not attribute much on me.

I am sure the auDA CEO has answered auDA questions on other lists, I am
not sure where you are going with that argument.

| so... If you move the list to another domain will you get the same number of
| subscribers?

You forget your history (or maybe you are a late comer). This list
was created around 1997 because we were fed up with another DNS list
that was being dominated by a few personalities who were keen on more
grandstanding and less discussion. Strangely enough almost everyone
flocked to the new list, so much so that the old list was shut down
through lack of interest.

There is nothing to stop you creating your own list if you like.

| Trade Practices has rules about misleading and false representations,
| if you were making money out of this I would consider legal action.

I'm not sure if that is funny or sad.

kim