Re: [DNS] FW: johnthomson.id.au has been registered for you.

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:16:06 +0200
Quoting John Thomson on Monday September 15, 2003:
| I got that one today, it says it may take 24 hours to become active. I have
| also gone to the site and rejected their offer. That is what they are doing,
| I didn't make it up. I didn't ask for it nor have I ever had any previous
| contact. That was completely out of the blue today. I registered
| thomson.id.au when the .id names came out just because my damn name is so
| common.

I believe you. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I didn't intend to suggest you
made it up, rather that Bottle had made up the fact that it has been
"registered for you".

I do wonder what goes through the heads of some registrars and other
people in this industry at times. Domain registration isn't rocket
science. Perhaps bottle rocket science.

kim