Re: [DNS] Enetica problems, anyone?

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:53:40 +0200
Quoting Adrian Chadd on Monday September 22, 2003:

| Its a reasonably common practice for ISPs from what I've seen - clients
| have a habit of "forgetting" to renew registrations and then complaining
| that their site is unavailable. Since he's adminning the zone, why
| is it "incorrect" ?

It should not be common practice as it is against the policy.

The admin of the zone should be the technical contact. That is what the
technical contact is for - contacting the operator of the zone.

| Note - my only contact with Enetica is as a retail customer\
| and I received this message. If an ISP has registered domains
| on behalf of a client but via _retail_, how the heck is
| Enetica going to know are and aren't "real" customers?

The simple fact is if that is an ISP wants a wholesale relationship,
they can't expect one by going through the retail channel. Instead, they
should sign up as a reseller formally.

kim