RE: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:11:03 +1000
My mantra - there are perhaps 10% of businesses entities that are
eligible to have a .com.au domain name, who actually have one.  Coming
up with a new variant on 2LD's is tantamount to suggesting that devising
a new business type (say CC as well as Pty Ltd) is suddenly going to
increase the number of businesses registered.

It's a nonsense, of course.

Equally, there wasn't exactly a rush to register .id.au's either.

The core issue is the need to give potential registrants a (valid)
reason to have a domain name in the first place.  Introducing new name
types does nothing except degrade the whole domain name business.

Ron Stark