RE: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:50:29 +1000
>Could you please describe exactly what you would like to change within
auDA, and why ?
No, not yet. I have a view on some policies which may be flawed, I will
discuss them with some people and get some different views on the issues I
have identified. I will provide more information before the election in
relation to some of the more important issues.

>And what would be your own interests ?
Above my own interests means that I will not use the position for my own
gain, feather my own nest, trade favours etc. I will act ethically and in
the interests of all stakeholders at all times.

>>In the same ballpark though, I would push the 'power of attorney' issue.
>Why would you do that ?
>Cyrille Lefevre

IMO the registrant should have the right to delegate the management and
all relevant correspondence relating to their chosen domain name to
another person or legal entity as occurs in many other similar situations.
If a fax or snailmail or email (if allowed by policy) document is sent to
auDA with a signature of the registrant IMO there is no problem with
removing the details of the registrant from the whois database. The
problem is, if this was to occur auDA would have to allocate resources to
manage the information received and is valid. As it is, the system has one
advantage, exposure of organisations not complying with the current whois
information policies. The registrant should have the legal right to
protect their personal information by using another legal identity who can
filter and provide to the registrant relevant information.
Registrars/resellers must advise the registrants of that choice clearly
and explain what it means, and a signature would be mandatory.........

anyhow,

Regards,

Jason Pay
Midrange Administrator: AIX LINUX