RE: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Sean Finn <sean§teknol.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:57:47 +1000
ability to register xyz.au would see things like au.com for sure.

Ability to register xyz.com would also de-value all of the marketing,
branding, and general thumping into the non technical public's head that has
gone into .com.au .net.au id.au .org.au .asn.au etc etc.

The general public recognise a .com.au in most cases, even my 80-something
year old aunt who has never even used a calculator in her life still buys me
socks with .com and .com.au on it (Although that pair that said
www.millenium.2000 etc etc made me cringe)

But you get the general gist of my opinion.

i do NOT want to have to reeducate clients etc ad nauseum, as my workload
will explode and i'll dream nightmares about :// 's and .au's forever more.
(Bad Thing).

My Friday Afternoon 2 Cents.
-Sean Finn.