DNS Problem

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:24:34 +1030
Hi to any Guru's out there,

I have had an ongoing problem that effects host lookups from some exernal
systems to mail.seol.net.au (and quite possily every thing else we provide
DNS for) but the mail is the one that is most noticable.

I have rang our registrar, and I'm assured glue etc is all in place.

our names servers are listed as ns1.seol.net.au and ns2.seol.net.au, the
ttl's are quite low while we have been trying to resolve this problem.

I have a friend who sent me the following:

<snip>
I set up the DNS packet capturing a few days ago, and I've been doing
DNS lookups for mail.seol.net.au every minute for the last few days.

The lookups fail for the first 7 minutes of every second hour (i.e.
when the cached records have expired and the DNS server must do the
lookup from scratch).
</snip>

Any help appreciated,

Cheers Tony