RE: [DNS] Re: auDA AGM 2003

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:48:28 +1100
Let me address the issue of Josh's email from a different perspective.
In order to solicit votes, Josh needed to present his credentials and
position to all members who are entitled to vote.  He has some options:

1  To make a public statement on this list, in which case he'd reach
only part of his constituency
2  To mail each member individually, in which case he'd need access to
all auda's private list of members, which I suspect would be improper.
3  To mail those members who are on his personal mail list, in an effort
to be discreet
4  To do all of the above, which means that several members would have
received multiple solicitations from Josh.

Because I never received such an email from Josh, I must asume that he
mailed only members in his personal list, which to me is wholly
appropriate, is not spam, and is a proper approach.  Would there have
been howls of protest had he made such a solicitation in this forum?
Perhaps, but then again perhaps not.

To have loudly protested here is, I think, petty, maybe even malicious.
A mature response would have been to object to Josh personally, as was
his original mail.

Ron Stark